Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for frozen cod

(8 Posts)
champagneplanet Tue 17-May-16 21:04:40

I bought a bag of frozen cod pieces at the weekend (we're fed up having the same old thing, desperate for a change!). Does anyone have any ideas what I can do with it? Was thinking maybe little foil parcels, or a pie maybe but my flavour combination skills are a bit rubbish!

TyneTeas Tue 17-May-16 22:07:44

this fish stew is easy and tasty, just throw frozen fillets in at end : )

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/fish-stew.html

SerenaJoy Tue 17-May-16 22:13:44

I did herb crusted cod the other day - I whizzed up some breadcrumbs, olive oil, Parmesan, lemon zest and parsley. Part cook the fish, then halfway through cooking time add topping. Serve with minted peas and oven chips. It was pretty good, if I say so myself smile

champagneplanet Tue 17-May-16 22:34:30

Both look great, thank you. DH will think Nigella has moved in grin

Charlieandlola Tue 17-May-16 22:37:19

Spread pesto ( we prefer red ) or tapenade on the frozen fish , top with breadcrumbs and any herbs/cheese/olives/you want - bake on foil/parchment

annandale Tue 17-May-16 22:39:37

I do some coley pieces in the microwave until defrosted and then add them to a stir fry with red pepper, green beans, noodles and black bean sauce.

EssentialHummus Tue 17-May-16 22:40:27

Chuck in baking tray with chopped chorizo, peppers and cloves of garlic, cook at 180 for 25 min. Dead easy and yummy!

morbidhamster Tue 17-May-16 22:46:30

I made this last night.
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cod-spinach-yellow-curry
Doubled the spices and stirred in some mango chutney. It was delicious. Very quick and easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now