Talk

Advanced search

Microwave & Hob ideas....

(9 Posts)
MrsPlopperson Sat 14-May-16 18:43:25

Hi all,

We're off to one of the Centerparcs in Holland in the summer and I've just realised our cottage has only a microwave and a hob for cooking...no oven.

I enjoy cooking, especially when on holiday, but am having a bit of a mental block on nice recipes that only rely on the microwave or hob.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Just5minswithDacre Sat 14-May-16 18:47:15

Paella, stew, stir fry, chilli, curry...

You won't want to be trying out complicated new recipes on holiday, will you?

Just5minswithDacre Sat 14-May-16 18:48:17

Oh and spaghetti Bol, naturally. Can't self-cater and NOT do Spag Bol smile

Just5minswithDacre Sat 14-May-16 18:50:02

You can even do lighter fish/chicken and veg if you take a steamer. (Can you tell I've had recurrent oven trouble? grin )

MrsPlopperson Sat 14-May-16 19:30:59

Thanks. I guess I was hoping to try something new or at least a bit more special than usual - as holiday is the only time I really get to take my time over cooking...things like spag bol/stew, I batch cook regularly, so would like to steer clear of those. I will have a look at some paella and curry recipes and see if I can get excited about any of those.

cdtaylornats Sat 14-May-16 22:08:02

Jambalya,
Chicken & Rice
Fish stew
Turkish Lamb

DontFeedTheDailyFail Sat 14-May-16 22:15:24

What about salads like mixed bean, cous cous, great big mixed green salads. Effort on the preparation rather than the stove bit.

For fish/ meat things that quick cook like gridled prawns, nice steak, crispy bacon that can be crumbled over salad with nice big shavings of parmesan.

AlohaMama Tue 17-May-16 06:27:27

It depends where you'll be shopping. On holiday I like to have salads and nice fresh bread or make an interesting rice side dish and then see what the local supermarket/butcher/fishmonger had that looks interesting. Easy enough to season or make a simple sauce to go with whatever meat or fish you've chosen. I prefer to find different local foods cooked simply than complicated recipes, but perhaps that's not what you're asking.

Spottyladybird Thu 19-May-16 20:33:50

Will there be a BBQ? You could do meat on there with various salads etc.

Or
Risotto
Fajitas
Stir fry
Pasta with various sauces

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now