Talk

Advanced search

Turkey bacon!! Recipes, please?

(4 Posts)
TheGoldenApplesOfTheSun Thu 05-May-16 17:59:24

Hi all! I just got back from a shopping expedition with the best find - turkey bacon! I don't eat pork anymore for religious reasons (I keep kosher) so, sad as it is, I got very excited about this little find. Can I cook it like regular bacon? Any recipes I should definitely try? Maay have bought a few packs of the stuff - here's hoping it's nice! Can any mumsnetters help?

cdtaylornats Fri 06-May-16 13:34:39

Just use it like ordinary bacon. If you find a Halal butcher you can sometimes get beef bacon as well.

Blondie1984 Fri 06-May-16 16:22:36

It dries out faster than normal bacon so don't use it in recipes where the bacon is used to add moisture - e.g wrapped around chicken breasts
It does work well in things like sandwiches, carbonara etc though

TheGoldenApplesOfTheSun Sun 08-May-16 15:53:19

I just made myself a turkey bacon BLT sandwich - it was great! Thanks for the tip on dryness - I think I will have to make some changes to conventional bacon recipes to account for this. But it tastes really nice, and is also great crumbled into a salad & pasta so far. Yay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now