Family recipes

(7 Posts)
themumfairy Fri 22-Apr-16 11:31:36

I've had enough of cooking 3-4 seperate meals of an evening.
I'd prefer to doing one dish that a everyone can eat.
2 adults, 2 kids and elderly nan.
The obvious ones I can think of are lasange, cottage pie, stew, Roast dinner, hunters chicken. But obviously don't want to be cooking the same meals each week. Ds2 is quite fussy and need something to keep ds1 full to stop him raiding the cupboards before bed.

Any ideas...

bookbook Fri 22-Apr-16 19:44:29

A few favourites here are
Quiche/chips/baked beans
Corned Beef Hash
Cauliflower Cheese and Jacket potato
Pasta Bake
Home made soup/chunky bread then cheese and biscuits
Foil Baked fish

Mummyoftwo91 Sat 23-Apr-16 11:07:19

Pasta is a good one, fast and filling
Mac and cheese, can add bacon, peas, cauliflower whatever u fancy
Pesto chicken pasta I sometimes add green beans
Tomato sauce and meatballs
Spicy tomato sauce with olives, there are so many different shapes of pasta and sauces

Mummyoftwo91 Sat 23-Apr-16 11:09:35

Also what about things like burgers and hotdogs with hm chips/wedges or even a coleslaw/potato salad nicer now as the weather is getting warmer

Dancingqueen17 Sat 23-Apr-16 14:48:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PhoenixReisling Sun 24-Apr-16 10:46:15

Chilli con carne

If you don't like kidney beans, you can swap with any other you like. You can also make this with stewing steak as well as mince, I sometimes add a splash of red wine and a dash of sweet chilli sauce.

Quesadilla: Mexican cheese toasty

Fry onion with garlic, add strips of chicken and peppers and brown. Add Passata, tomato purée, paprika/cumin and chilli if you like. Simmer until the sauce is reduced and the chicken is cooked. Put the filling onto a wrap and sprinkle cheese (lots), then either pan fry on both sides or use one of those sandwhich press things. Cut the sandwhich into triangle shapes and serve with salad.

Toad in the hole, loaded Yorkshire puddings (load with a stew of some sort).

Melbournemel Mon 25-Apr-16 21:11:48

Our favourites here are slow cooker sausage and bean casserole, slow cooker chickpea curry and slow cooker lentil bolognese. Brilliant because I can stick on a huge batch and make it last 2-3 days grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now