Talk

Advanced search

Is this a lot of sugar for a 20 month old?

(5 Posts)
DoopDoopBiscuit Mon 18-Apr-16 15:46:33

I've just made carrot and apple mini muffins for my DD. The recipe called for 100g light brown sugar and made 24 mini muffins. So I guess around 4g sugar per mini muffin. Plus the sugar from the apple too I suppose.

Is this way too much sugar for her?? I'm really clueless and know it's probably obvious to some. She's tried a bit and said it was yummy and wanted more which is good as she's a fussy eater and rarely tries anything new!

If you would give them to your child would it be a once a week treat? Or more or less? Many thanks.

DoopDoopBiscuit Mon 18-Apr-16 15:48:12

Btw I'm not majorly strict! She has raisins now and again and fruit every day. The odd bit of chocolate here and there etc

KP86 Mon 18-Apr-16 15:49:28

As a treat I'm sure they are fine. There's more sugar in a medium sized kids yoghurt. Maybe next time try cutting down a little and seeing if they still taste ok?

DoopDoopBiscuit Mon 18-Apr-16 15:52:05

Thank you for such a quick reply! I'm just so glad she even put it in her mouth as its so unlike her to try something different. I think I'll offer one for pudding once or twice a week instead of fruit.

Blondie1984 Mon 18-Apr-16 16:49:08

You technically also need to remember the sugar that comes from the fruit that you have put in but there is no reason why she shouldn't have these as a treat - just watch what else you give her on that day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now