Talk

Advanced search

Yorkshire Puddings

(6 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Fri 08-Apr-16 09:40:45

I would like to make yorkshire puddings on Sunday. There is only me and DP.

I dont want to make up a batch and waste half of the mix. I also dont want to cook it all and then eat a billion yorkshires just to save waste ( well, I do, but I probably shouldnt).

So, is there a recipe that would result in maybe 4 or 5 yorkshires? or do normal recipes make 6 in which case that would be fine?

Or is the mix freezable?

Or should I just cook and scoff the lot?

Novice here, you may have guessed.

Thanks in advance

pippistrelle Fri 08-Apr-16 14:06:14

The Delia Smith recipe uses one egg so it's not really possible to reduce it further than that.

www.deliaonline.com/home/Print-Recipe.html%3FPID%3D2795%26ampCID%3D364

I know nothing of freezing but you can refrigerate and reheat any leftovers later. And I've always found it reliable even though I use olive oil rather than beef dripping. (That's probably sacrilege in Yorkshire. Sorry, People of Yorkshire.)

sunnydayinmay Fri 08-Apr-16 14:07:55

1 egg makes 6 puddings. Jamie's method is easiest.

0ellenbrody0 Fri 08-Apr-16 17:25:18

You can freeze cooked yorkies. I make 12, we eat 6 then I freeze the other 6 for the next week. They reheat in the oven in about 4 mins a la Aunt Bessie.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Fri 08-Apr-16 18:41:30

I always make a double batch of Yorkshire Puds and freeze half. They reheat from frozen very quickly and bulk out all sorts of meals.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Fri 08-Apr-16 18:42:56

And sunflower oil makes the highest, puffiest Yorkshires... Mary Berry told me that! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now