Talk

Advanced search

need ideas

(11 Posts)
Laura280315 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:57:35

Ok first sorry if I go on abit.

I need ideas for dinners.

My DH is very fussy, won't eat cheese, any sauces including gravy, doesn't like garlic or pepper as seasoning, tbh won't eat any seasoned meat all together, southern fried chicken is about as adventurous as it gets. Also will not eat veg, pasta, rice, basically lives of chicken burgers and chips.

Pain in the arse!

I have two 1yo boys who want everything.

My problem is I'm struggling to find a good variation of tastes, flavours etc that will be well balanced for my little ones, currently making everyone somethings different and it's driving me insane, feel like i spend all day stood over the cooker

Any ideas for recipes DH and children could eat?

MarvellousCake Wed 06-Apr-16 11:31:02

My honest opinion would be that your DH should either (a) grow up a bit or (b) cook his own dinner, but I realise that those are not helpful suggestions! Could you do a meal with wraps? Eg could have some chicken with cheese, salad, coleslaw, mild salsa, peppers, cucumber etc, with tortillas? That way everyone just takes the bits that they like?

Laura280315 Wed 06-Apr-16 11:53:16

Thanks!! never thought of wraps, will give it a go tonight X

whois Wed 06-Apr-16 14:41:01

Yeah not sure I would restrict my children's diet to one as bad as your DH's.

Dancingqueen17 Wed 06-Apr-16 15:30:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

rainbowstardrops Wed 06-Apr-16 15:38:06

I would treat him like I do my children and dish whatever I'd cooked up to him and he then has two choices - eat it or go hungry.

I know that's not helpful to you but do you really relish the thought of limiting your children's diet and range of food that they'll eat?

Either that, or tell DH to make his own.

I'm mean grin

Cookingongas Wed 06-Apr-16 17:09:09

That's a very limited diet. in this house he'd be eating alone.

What about fish? Or standard meat and two veg type meals where dh can have a chicken burger and no veg/sauce. So do a beef and veg casserole for you three with chips, he has a burger and chips. But even then I wouldn't want my dc to see such a bad example set.

Ughnotagain Wed 06-Apr-16 17:11:09

I'd second the suggestion that your DH should just cook his own food. (Or cook for all of you.)

Then you and the kids can eat what you like. Everyone's happy.

lastqueenofscotland Wed 06-Apr-16 22:02:15

Ditto everyone else, if you work within your dhs frame you are going to be eating food that is a) dull b) crap.

Laura280315 Tue 12-Apr-16 17:13:05

Thanks all, yeah I know my DH diet to crap and I don't want my children eating like that, I eat lots of veg and fruit and luckily my kids eat the veg too, mil admits she should never have let him get way with it when he was a kid

rainbowunicorn Tue 12-Apr-16 18:59:08

I would not cook for him until he stopped behaving like this. I would make food for myself and the children and let him do his own. I have no time for adults who behave like this around food.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now