Talk

Advanced search

lidl turkish yoghurt what do I do with it?

(16 Posts)
littleblackdress26 Sat 02-Apr-16 16:22:56

I think it will probably be me alone eating it and there's loads what can I do with it?
I've thought of pouring it over fruit or adding a bit of honey.

Mummyoftwo91 Sat 02-Apr-16 17:26:15

Is it plain yogurt? My husband is Turkish and we eat yogurt on everything including savory dishes

littleblackdress26 Sat 02-Apr-16 17:28:45

Erm yh I think so confused I just bought it on a whim after hearing on here how good it is but I font really have any ideas on what to do with it. What do u have it with?

Dancingqueen17 Sat 02-Apr-16 20:56:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OpenMe Sat 02-Apr-16 20:58:56

I just eat it as it is. But it's also good with fruit and honey. Seeds and oats on top are good too. You can use it in place of mayo or cream in most recipes.

Although I prefer their Greek yogurt grin

BrandNewAndImproved Sat 02-Apr-16 21:01:01

Make a curry and put a dollop of that and some lemon juice over it.

SimonLeBonOnAndOn Sat 02-Apr-16 21:02:08

It's lovely with honey and toasted, flaked almonds.

mayhew Sat 02-Apr-16 21:04:44

Have it with lidl granola. If it's too thick, thin with milk. It keeps well .

Wolpertinger Sat 02-Apr-16 21:15:31

It's very thick - not pourable.

I bought it by mistake once instead of the Greek yoghurt I have on my muesli. It was lush - had to have it with muesli as there was nothing else, I loved it.

You could have it with honey and nuts, dollop it on savoury Middle Eastern/Morroccan style dishes, use it instead of creme fraiche as a topping on desserts or just eat it out of the tub blush

fusspot66 Sat 02-Apr-16 21:41:20

I've heard that particular product isn't that great. Now Total Fage Greek yogurt is amazing, even on its own. So dress up.your yogurt with fruit, nuts, seeds and enjoy

1frenchfoodie Thu 07-Apr-16 13:04:32

It is delish with fruit and granola for breakfast. Also good for tzatziki with cucumber, garlic and mint.

littleblackdress26 Sat 09-Apr-16 16:15:57

Ah I forgot about tzatkiki! I've had it with honey delish!

magimedi Sat 09-Apr-16 17:00:25

I am assuming that it is the LARGE tub?

Blitz a whole pot of it with a jar of stem ginger in syrup (include the syrup), 200g caster suagar, the zest & juice of 2 lemons & either put through the ice cream maker (if you have one) or freeze in a shallow plastic tub & stir like mad (to break up the ice crystals) every 2/3 hours until you've done that 3 times.

It makes the most delicious yogurt sorbet.

NannyR Tue 12-Apr-16 13:49:12

I prefer the lidl Greek yoghurt rather than the Turkish one - I find it too dense and creamy. The Greek yoghurt, I have it for breakfast with blueberries and granola, I add a dollop to cake mixes, I have a recipe for a coconut and lime cake that uses a lot of Greek yoghurt, I also use it instead of milk when making American style pancakes.

I find it lasts forever, I have a bucket in my fridge that has been open for 3 weeks, it's a week out of date but tastes fine, no mould, no fizzing or fermenting smells.

MiaowTheCat Tue 12-Apr-16 16:38:46

In my family - bicker over it like mad and go to war over who gets the last bit. Both my parents are obsessed with it and go through tonnes... and now my kids have picked up on the craze as well and sit and chomp it with cereal instead of milk!

BertrandRussell Tue 12-Apr-16 16:41:36

Isn't it just yoghurt?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now