Talk

Advanced search

Recipe for that green curry

(11 Posts)
redjellybean Sat 02-Apr-16 14:34:32

I would like to make a Thai green curry. I've used jars etc but have the time to make a really tasty one this weekend! Any recipes? Thanks.

MissBeaHavingFountOfWisdom Sat 02-Apr-16 14:41:22

This is beautiful Red,
I last made it for 40 ,one mild & one very spicy ,everyone commented how tasty it is.

http://thaifood.about.com/od/thaicurrypasterecipes/r/greencurrypaste.htm

MissBeaHavingFountOfWisdom Sat 02-Apr-16 14:42:32

I'm not sure if that link is just the paste so here is the sauce link also.

http://thaifood.about.com/od/thairecipes/r/greencurrychick.htm

redjellybean Sat 02-Apr-16 14:43:29

Fab thanks looks good. What's shrimp paste when it's at home! Or can u just use the fish sauce?

Cerseirys Sat 02-Apr-16 14:48:35

No, they are two very different things and one can't be substituted for the other.

redjellybean Sat 02-Apr-16 14:48:56

Can you get it in sainsburys?

MissBeaHavingFountOfWisdom Sat 02-Apr-16 15:02:30

Yes they do sachets in sainsburys that are more economical,I rarely finish the jars before they need throwing out.

I always taste at the end of this recipe & might add a bit more lime juice or fish sauce to taste.

MissBeaHavingFountOfWisdom Sat 02-Apr-16 15:07:43

This is the one curry recipe I always go back to,I tend to try different all the time with other curries
I love red peppers in it but sometimes courgettes or green beans are nice for a change.
Also the paste freezes really well if you make a big batch,it defrosts quickly so handy for a quite simple mid week meal.

redjellybean Sat 02-Apr-16 15:45:52

Ok, ingredients bought!

whois Sat 02-Apr-16 19:31:13

I honestly don't think it's worth making up a Thai green curry paste from scratch. The decent pastes are as nice as you can make and about half the price of buying lemon grass, galangal etc

Cerseirys Sat 02-Apr-16 20:20:27

Agree. If you go to the World Foods aisle in the supermarket you'll find pastes by Thai brands, rather than Blue Dragon or Sharwoods etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now