Can anyone save my liquid cheesecake?

(8 Posts)
roaringwater Fri 01-Apr-16 12:03:32

Set out to make this cheesecake for dinner with friends this evening. Bloody thing won't set. It's been in the fridge since 8.30am and it is still pretty much liquid.

So irritated with myself because there are only two reviews for it and while one raves about it, the other says that it's a non-setting disaster. Guess which I chose to believe?

Can you think of anything I can do to save it?

Allalonenow Fri 01-Apr-16 12:33:19

Do you have any more cheese that you could add? Put the cheese topping back into a bowl as well as you can, add extra cheese if you have it, add some extra lemon juice and sugar, beat well together.
Put this mixture into a fine sieve over a mixing bowl to let it drain for an hour at least.
When you see it has started to firm up, rebuild the cheese cake, or put into glass dishes in layers of biscuit, layer of cheese mixture topped with the fruit.
Hope this helps smile

Allalonenow Fri 01-Apr-16 12:35:03

Well beaten double cream added if you don't have more cheese should also help.

MsRinky Fri 01-Apr-16 17:37:25

Looking at that recipe I can't see how it could possibly set! I'd be baking it, or doing as Allalonesays and presenting it in glasses.

Twitterqueen Fri 01-Apr-16 17:40:55

No - I can't see how it would set either. Though if you had whipped the condensed milk, or used something like dulce latte - it would have done. Though that wouldn't go with the raspberries.

Scrape off goo, add whipped double cream.
Or scrape of goo, add 3 or egg yolks to mixture and then bake whole cheescake in oven - it doesn't need long, 15 mins or so should set it.

roaringwater Fri 01-Apr-16 17:55:47

Thank you all for your contributions. DD pinched my laptop and so I couldn't read your words of wisdom until now. What I have done is this - stuck it in a bain marie in a lowish oven for a bit and now it would appear to have set. However, it doesn't have any eggs in so heaven knows what the texture will be like. I am addressing this by making a large amount of raspberry coulis which I will pour extravagantly over individual servings.... that, or get them drunk enough :-/

Thank you very much for helping.

Allalonenow Fri 01-Apr-16 23:05:51

How nice when the OP returns with an update.

Hope your cool bake did the trick, and that you have a lovely evening.

fascicle Sun 03-Apr-16 13:11:43

Sounds like you might have rescued it. But if it's still wobbly, just change the name to something like cardamom and raspberry crumble fool (or anything else that best describes how it looks wink).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now