Talk

Advanced search

No room in fridge. Can I keep it in the shed????

(10 Posts)
maldivemoment Fri 25-Mar-16 21:05:13

I've made a chorizo & chickpea one-pot-wonder in preparation for lunch on Sunday but it's to feed a LOT of folk and there's no way it will fit in my fridge. Do you think it would be okay to store it in the shed????

If not, I'm goosed!

Thank you.

DramaAlpaca Fri 25-Mar-16 21:35:41

I would only do this if the weather temperature was going to be at least as cold as your fridge during the day as well as overnight - maximum 5%.

Can you split it into several smaller pots & squeeze it into the fridge, or see if a friend has some room?

Cuttheraisins Fri 25-Mar-16 21:38:26

What I normally do is put all the veg and fruit in the shed they don't go off!

VulcanWoman Fri 25-Mar-16 21:41:04

I'd say it will be fine, unless you're posting from the Tropics or somewhere else hot grin

VulcanWoman Fri 25-Mar-16 21:43:00

Plus, I'd make sure is was sealed well and shed not accessible by critters grin

maldivemoment Fri 25-Mar-16 21:51:42

In Scotland so no worries about temperature here! Probably warmer in the fridge than it is in the shed grin

I clearly should have thought about this BEFORE I started cooking. Gulp!

Thanks all...

twattockery Sun 27-Mar-16 17:41:38

If you haven't taken the top off yet it's more or less sterile anyway. It will be fine.

VulcanWoman Sun 27-Mar-16 17:54:06

How did it go down OP?

maldivemoment Sun 27-Mar-16 20:59:54

...phew....maldivemoment gives a huge sigh of relief!

Thank you Vulcan Lovely Easter lunch for 20 and storing most of it in the shed worked out a treat (just don't tell the guests!!!)

Not only that, it was flippin delicious with several guests asking for the recipe grin.

VulcanWoman Sun 27-Mar-16 21:41:29

That's great! glad all went well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now