Talk

Advanced search

Home comfort veggie GF recipe ideas please

(6 Posts)
elephantoverthehill Mon 21-Mar-16 19:49:27

DS1 has suddenly decided to come back from Uni tomorrow evening. I think he is a bit home sick as I was supposed to meet up with him on Friday. Since going to Uni he has become vegetarian and I am GF. Usually I would do something like shepherd's pie, lasagne etc. However it is the end of term and I am lacking imagination. Can anyone suggest a veggie, GF homely meal that I can sling in the slow cooker tonight, and switch one tomorrow from store cupboard ingredients please?

Allalonenow Mon 21-Mar-16 19:51:41

Lentil and bean casserole.

elephantoverthehill Mon 21-Mar-16 19:53:50

I've got puy lentils, what beans do you use? Does it matter, just chuck it in with a tin of tomatoes? Onions etc?

BikeRunSki Mon 21-Mar-16 20:03:39

I am veggie and love this Hairy Biker's recipe for Allotment Pie.

Allalonenow Mon 21-Mar-16 20:14:16

Yes any beans, tomatoes garlic onion mushrooms, whatever you've got really.
I make it in a saucepan, as haven't got a slow cooker, but will probably be OK in SC. Serve it with rice perhaps, or GF pasta.

As you've got lentils and tomatoes you could make a veg cottage pie.

elephantoverthehill Mon 21-Mar-16 20:16:14

Thank you I like the idea of allotment pie. I will use that recipe another night, but I have bitten the bullet and so far in the slow cooker I have put 1/2 turnip, lentils, celery, green/orange pepper, jerusalem artichokes, passatta and some french onion soup. I think the beans can go in tomorrow evening otherwise they may go mushy. I should probably find some herbs, this may not go too well sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now