Aldi Frozen Chocolate Torte question

(6 Posts)
Holymoly321 Fri 11-Mar-16 09:32:58

Hi all, bought one of these this morning and the instructions on the packet were not clear. Am I supposed to defrost this before putting it in the oven , and if so defrost for how long? Or do I put it in the oven straight from the freezer? There are no clear instructions as to whether it's meant to be defrosted first or not! Very confusing - have spoken directly to Aldi head office and they couldn't help me either! hmm

magicstar1 Fri 11-Mar-16 09:39:55

Most of Aldi stuff is cook from frozen, so I'd definitely do that.

Holymoly321 Fri 11-Mar-16 09:50:21

HI Magicstar, that's what I thought until I read the line that said defrost, but it doesn't say if that's just if you want to eat it cold or whether you have to defrost it before cooking if you want to eat it hot. No defrost timings are mentioned at all. Also, it does say that once defrosted it needs to be kept in the fridge and eaten within 24 hours. Very confusing!

Rattitude Fri 11-Mar-16 09:59:50

I don't think a chocolate torte is meant to be eaten hot, so I suspect the approach should be 'defrost and tuck in'.

magicstar1 Fri 11-Mar-16 12:06:52

Oh right...I'd say it's meant to be eaten cold then, so just defrost.

Holymoly321 Fri 11-Mar-16 12:25:00

But there are two sets of heating instructions, one for oven and one for microwave confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now