Talk

Advanced search

Lidl-yes or no?

(9 Posts)
girlpaddy129 Thu 10-Mar-16 11:16:20

I'm thinking of going to Lidl for the first time as everyone raves about it so much! Main worry is the quality of the meat and fish? Such low prices, I wonder where it's from? What are everyone's thoughts?

GreyAndGoldInTheMeadow Thu 10-Mar-16 11:25:30

Honestly, go and judge for yourself. I find the quality to be fine, certainly no less than say tesco.

PurpleDaisies Thu 10-Mar-16 11:26:53

They do really good fake Oreos.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 10-Mar-16 11:31:09

No. it's cheaper. but only cos you cant get everything you need.

and cheap is mo use when it's vile and you don't eat it or you have to bin after a day s it's gone off

Onthedowns Thu 10-Mar-16 16:41:24

Not my favourite goes off to quick. I prefer aldi if I am that way. Not enough selection or choice!

WoodleyPixie Thu 10-Mar-16 16:44:59

Meat has always been fine for me from lidl or Aldi. From other mumsnet threads it seems to depend on the branch. So if you have more than one near you and the first your try isn't great try the other branch.

We have three within 15minutes of us and they are all fine.

I do swap and change supermarkets though as get fed up of same old every week and can't always physically get to a supermarket.

stumblymonkey Thu 10-Mar-16 17:05:18

Yes...we have swapped from Waitrose to Lidl for the majority and then a top up of things not available at Lidl.

We save £160 a month. I'm VERY picky about the quality of meat and was very cynical at first but it's fine

Clayhead Thu 10-Mar-16 21:29:53

I do most of my weekly shop at Lidl, top up in Waitrose. I get most my meat from the butchers but the Italian cooked meats in Lidl are good.

twattockery Sat 12-Mar-16 20:12:19

Fish and meat not so good I think, but lots of other stuff is stellar. Veg excellent, really good Blood oranges at the moment, also dairy stuff like parmesan. Turkish yogurt fabulous. Aisle of surprise always a treat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now