Talk

Advanced search

What can I make with leftover pork?

(8 Posts)
Rinceoir Tue 08-Mar-16 14:54:13

I decided to try out a shoulder of pork in my slow cooker. It's been on since morning, looks and smells great. But I ordered online and accidentally bought 2kg. There's only DH, me and an almost 2 year old who probably will turn her nose up at it. So ideas for leftovers, ideally that I could cook up tomorrow and freeze?

Nabootique Tue 08-Mar-16 15:25:09

Ooh, I love having left over pork. I make either this ragu and serve with pasta:

reluctanthousedad.com/2013/10/07/jamie-olivers-leftover-pork-ragu/

Or I cube and stir fry the pork with five spice, garlic, soy, sesame oil, and veg (used peppers, carrot and mushrooms last time), stir in some cooked rice and then either serve as is or in a wrap like a sort of burrito.

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 08-Mar-16 16:01:50

I have one arriving this week which I'm going to Mumsnet.
On my list of meals I have pulled pork, pork and fennel meatballs, tonnata, pork and lemon jackets, sausage rolls

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 08-Mar-16 16:03:56

Only two of us here too btw, I freeze the meat plain in portions so we don't have to eat it for a week

LizKeen Tue 08-Mar-16 16:18:52

I also freeze plain in portions. Then it is flexible and can be a pork dinner or pulled pork or whatever else we fancy.

FedoraTheExplora Tue 08-Mar-16 16:21:36

I chucked mine in the slow cooker overnight with a tin of korma sauce and had it with a jacket potato blush was yummy! Though I'm sure it would be even better from scratch..

MrsMoggy Tue 08-Mar-16 16:32:08

I've got one in the slow cooker today. It will be pulled pork bbq baguettes tonight with corn cobs. Then next uses will be in fajitas, in enchiladas and finally in chicken and pork fried rice

Rinceoir Tue 08-Mar-16 21:18:55

Thanks all- I'm just on my way home from work and am thinking simple roast pork this evening, pulled pork tomorrow and will make a big ragu for freezer, freeze whatever is left plain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now