Basic shortcrust chicken pie recipe, from scratch, including pastry.

(2 Posts)
XanderHarris Mon 29-Feb-16 11:33:00

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me with this?

I'm trying to find a recipe for the above but can only seem to find parts of it or ones for shop bought pastry or that say 'add the gravy' with no mention of how much etc.

My DD loves shop bought chicken pies. I hate buying processed crap too often so would like a go at doing it myself. She is a fussy eater so I want to start off making it as plain as possible (i.e. no veg in it - the dreaded poisonous 'bits'!). As you've probably guessed I'm not a 'foodie' or whatever. I would just have a go and see what happens, but I'm not sure on temperatures or how long to cook it or whether or not I need to blind bake the pastry or how to make the gravy or whether or not I need to precook the chicken.

If anyone could point me in the right direction to a good easy recipe or spell it out to a laywoman I would really appreciate it. TIA!

CastielsClevererBetterSister Tue 01-Mar-16 21:04:31

englishmum.com/how-to-make-a-chicken-pie-or-any-pie-an-easy-step-by-step-guide-including-how-to-make-pastry.html

This one is pretty good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now