Costco cakes

(15 Posts)
onlyslightlyinterested Sat 20-Feb-16 18:41:13

Does anyone know how much Costco cakes are? I want a large chocolate cake, but can't find a price list online.

ChippyMinton Sat 20-Feb-16 18:46:44

Prices vary between about £7 and £12 wish depending on what you want - gateau style or the big rectangular ones with a personalised message.

Djini Sat 20-Feb-16 18:51:14

And more importantly, are they any good? Thinking of ordering a personalized birthday cake for DD's party because I am a terrible baker and can't possibly compete with the bake-off inspired mums around here and hoping that it doesn't taste like cardboard.

onlyslightlyinterested Sat 20-Feb-16 18:55:05

My ex boss used to get them,and they are yummy. We've got 6 9 year olds coming for a party next week, and the last thing I want to do is bake a cake, that they will literally inhale in seconds!

onlyslightlyinterested Sat 20-Feb-16 18:56:23

Thanks Chippyminton. That's a good price.

WitchyPoos Sat 20-Feb-16 18:58:05

The big rectangle ones with writing are really nice. Massive and well worth the money, can't remember how much it was, this it was roughly 10-15. They do round ones that are really nice too, Victoria sponge, a red one, and I'm sure I've seen a chocolate round one. Think these are about 8 quid or something.

Muskey Sat 20-Feb-16 19:07:33

I so love Costco cakes they are really good value for money my personal favourites are carrot cake and red velvet

onlyslightlyinterested Sat 20-Feb-16 19:08:08

Thanks very much! I've yet to find a question that can't be answered on here. smile

zipzap Sat 20-Feb-16 19:08:56

Depends on the cake - they're a bit industrial, especially if there's any 'butter cream' type icing involved.

I got suckered into buying ds2 a set of cupcakes at halloween last year as a treat as he was stuck going around Costco with me when his big brother was doing all sorts of fun (to him!) sports things at a day camp.

We'd tried a small amount, as you do. DS said he liked them. But then I got them home and couldn't get anyone to eat more than three mouthfuls of the things - they were just like pap and really quite inedible. Not being suckered into buying any more of the things, no matter how nice they look!

teacher54321 Sun 21-Feb-16 16:42:30

The 'butter icing' is pretty revolting and fake tasting. I've had their red velvet cake and that was nice. Croissants and other bakery stuff is good and so is their carrot cake but I really don't rate their giant cakes which can be decorated.

Behooven Sun 21-Feb-16 16:44:32

The red velvet is very good, the big rectangle ones are too sweet for me though.

HemanOrSheRa Sun 21-Feb-16 16:48:15

The large, round chocolate fudge cakes are £7.99 and very nice!

superram Sun 21-Feb-16 16:51:16

We had the big message one. It was disgusting-cream that is just sweet air. I have a really sweet tooth but this made my teeth itch. Cheap and cheerful for a kids party but really rather unpleasant.

onlyslightlyinterested Sun 21-Feb-16 17:00:06

Well you've pretty much summed up what I'm after, it is for a kids party, so cheap, cheerful, and rather unpleasant, is just the job grin

ChippyMinton Sun 21-Feb-16 21:35:25

grin

Those big cakes serve about 24 - you might need extra guests!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now