Talk

Advanced search

Great Lidl finds

(13 Posts)
theclick Thu 11-Feb-16 11:23:17

I love Lidl because of the different brands they carry - I find it has a bit more variety than Aldi. But that isn't about that debate - I'd love to know what bits you've found at Lidl you love. For me, it's a Turkish yoghurt which is 10% fat and basically like a Greek yoghurt. It's so good for making dips and when I'm feeling angelic, healthy pasta sauce. Anyone else...?

Dancingqueen17 Thu 11-Feb-16 13:08:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

theclick Thu 11-Feb-16 20:25:53

Italian week? Is that a thing there because I need to know about it!

Dancingqueen17 Thu 11-Feb-16 23:08:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Joskar Thu 11-Feb-16 23:13:11

Yy to the Turkish yogurt. Delicious!

The chocolate pudding in Italian week is also amazing.

FuckyNell Thu 11-Feb-16 23:14:49

The fake magnums are better than the real magnums

ImperialBlether Thu 11-Feb-16 23:16:55

The tubs of pistachio and cashew nuts are great - really cheap. The pain au chocolat are really lovely. The vegetables are good if you're going to eat them that day or the next; they don't last long, in my experience.

applecatchers36 Thu 11-Feb-16 23:27:05

The nappies and pull ups are good.
The fresh patisserie & bread is excellent.
The small cartons of fruit juice great for kids, as well as mini raisin packets.

Joskar Fri 12-Feb-16 21:55:36

The beer
The ham
The bakery
The chocolate
The seasonal fruit and veg

Avoid the chorizo

Revel in the aisle of glittering delights

manateeandcake Sat 13-Feb-16 09:51:53

Just discovered the JD Gross chocolate mousse bars (in the chocolate bar section). Gross by name, bloody delicious by nature.

Joskar Sun 14-Feb-16 10:01:22

The mousse bars are lovely. And the fake buenos.

MiaowTheCat Fri 19-Feb-16 10:47:02

When they do it in the runup to Christmas - their coconut spread is absolutely gorgeous - like the middle of bounty bars on toast.

Also if you have toddlers/preschoolers - get in in about October when they're doing their waterproof trouser and jacket sets - they're bloody fantastic and ours have lasted years now!

theclick Sun 21-Feb-16 10:53:33

Coconut spread? I LOVE the sound of that! What is it, like coconut oil but spreadable?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now