Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sealing chicken?

(5 Posts)
hatters Sat 06-Feb-16 16:02:51

I er, don't cook often, but had planned to make this for dinner tonight. Just writing it out and it doesn't mention sealing chicken. Is this ok? I always thought you weren't supposed to just throw in raw meat with stuff like that.
It says "Stir in the ground almonds and the chicken and simmer for 10-12 minutes until the chicken is cooked with no pink showing." That's pretty much it for the cooking! 10-12 minutes just doesn't seem like long.
Historically, I massively overcook meat to be on the safe side, so maybe I'm just being weird.

Obviously it's easier to not bother with sealing, so I'll happily follow the recipe if Mumsnet approves.

dementedpixie Sat 06-Feb-16 16:21:24

Your link doesn't take me to the recipe but I assume the chicken is poaching rather then being fried. Which recipe is it?

dementedpixie Sat 06-Feb-16 16:23:48

Is it the chicken korma?

dementedpixie Sat 06-Feb-16 16:24:41

As the chicken is diced it shouldn't take long to cook. Test a piece after the allotted cooking time. If it isn't pink then it's cooked

hatters Sat 06-Feb-16 16:28:08

Oops, not sure what happened with the link. Yes it is the korma.

I will test it! Thanks for the comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now