Advanced search

recipe help - cheese and ham "balls"?!

(5 Posts)
movingonup2015 Thu 04-Feb-16 11:34:37

Dss has decided my cooking is the best thing in the world (lol!) so every weekend asks if we can cook something different.

I am usually able to find the recipe for whatever it is he wants but this time I'm at a loss..

He went to London a few months ago and in a restaurant he said he had cheese and ham balls.. I asked if there was anything else on the outside of the balls (im thinking a croquette type things here) and he said no just breadcrumbs with ham and cheese inside...

I cant find anything on google so does anyone have any idea what he's talking about please??

ChickieDuck Fri 05-Feb-16 14:41:04

Probably Spanish style Croquetas I would guess? Basically a thick bechamel sauce. It sets as it cools, so you can roll it into balls to bread and fry smile

ChickieDuck Fri 05-Feb-16 14:42:26 This kind of affair?

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 05-Feb-16 14:45:15

not Arancini (spelling?) Would he recognise if they were rice?

I'd probably plump for them being croquetas though.

Lucsy Fri 05-Feb-16 14:48:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: