It's been done to death but...leftover chicken?

(6 Posts)
Roseberrry Tue 26-Jan-16 12:56:18

What can I do with it that will please everyone? 2 young dc that are medium fussy, one dh that is very fussy. Must be healthy-ish.
I've got a couple of ideas but I'm bored of my usual stuff.

Cookingongas Tue 26-Jan-16 13:20:01

Chicken noodle soup country chicken soup
Chicken risotto
Chicken stir fry
Chicken and broccoli pasta bake
Chicken and leek pie
Spinach and chicken cannelloni
Fajitas
Chicken and vegetable tagine with cous cous
Chicken and veg pasties

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 26-Jan-16 18:07:31

Would they maybe try a jambalaya if you toned it down on the cayenne and chillies (and maybe the prawns if they're not shellfish happy)?

You can cram a load of veg in it and it's really easy to cook. I use the Delia Smith version but there's lots of different recipes out there and it's pretty adaptable depending on what people in your family will or won't eat.

piebald Tue 26-Jan-16 18:48:39

Fiddly to make but kids love them are chicken croquetas, there is a good recipe in river cottage book, we always had them with pasta tomato sauce and brovcoli so made for a decet meal

cdtaylornats Tue 26-Jan-16 22:48:29

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9974/spanish-chicken-pie

Spanish Chicken Pie

PhoenixReisling Thu 28-Jan-16 11:17:53

Chicken curry?

I tend to add mango chutney, spices and then either add yoghurt or chopped tomatos for the sauce. You could serve with rice/roti/chapatis and serve with a salad (with DC who dislike won't eat lettuce, I tend to cut cucumber/peppers/carrots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now