What do you cook on your griddle pan?

(9 Posts)
ifonly4 Mon 25-Jan-16 10:05:45

I've often fancied one for cooking fish, but just wondered what others use them for. I've got my eyes on one, so need to decide on how much use I'd get out of it.

whois Mon 25-Jan-16 17:30:39

Vegetables like long sliced of courgette, or tenderstem broccoli, or asparagus - get a nice charred flavour and black ridges.

Meat like lamb kebabs.

Basically anything that would be good on the BBQ.

Lunaballoon Mon 25-Jan-16 18:17:37

Same as whois. I use mine a lot. Steaks and chargrilled veg are particularly good. I also use it to "toast" sourdough bread for bruschettas.

Blondie1984 Mon 25-Jan-16 20:09:19

they are great for vegetables - i like doing peppers, courgettes and big field mushrooms on mine

They are also good for cheese like feta

Oh and don't forget fruit - peaches, pineapple - they taste amazing griddled

Mummyoftwo91 Tue 26-Jan-16 09:14:54

Hollumi, all kinds of meat especially chicken, quesadillas and all kinds of veggies

IHaveBrilloHair Tue 26-Jan-16 12:09:23

Squid is great cooked on it

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Tue 26-Jan-16 12:19:52

Can I ask a silly question please? Do you have to use oil on griddle pans? I'm on a diet and use fry light so don't want to increase oil consumption by getting a griddle pan.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Tue 26-Jan-16 12:27:19

i have one that sits over two burners, with a ridgey side and a flat side

I use it loads, burgers, chicken, steaks, salmon, cooked breakfasts, pancakes, welsh cakes, muffins, toasted sandwiches, giant omelettes

flop ...mine is very non stick as it is cast iron and seasoned very well used ...if I am doing steaks I will drizzle a little oil onto the steak, but if you have it hot enough it should sear and not stick anyways.

I do tend to use the flat side more than the ridged side.

Blondie1984 Tue 26-Jan-16 21:07:34

You don't oil the pan but you do put a little on the food itself beforehand

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now