Chicken breasts and no inspiration!

(9 Posts)
Greensiren2014 Fri 22-Jan-16 18:34:55

I'm stuck in a rut of doing pasta for toddler which he finally seems to have tired of. I've got 2 chicken breasts out the freezer but that's as far as I've got. Can anyone suggest any fairly easy meals (have standard stuff in fridge and cupboards). He's fairly fussy so hiding veg could be useful or at least fairly healthy as I'm following WW too....it's for me to cook this evening then he can have tomorrow for lunch. Any ideas??

Greensiren2014 Fri 22-Jan-16 18:37:55

Bump

mogloveseggs Fri 22-Jan-16 18:40:28

Some kind of tomato based sauce to cook it in? You could grate Courgette and carrot into the sauce and put garlic and diced pepper in? Serve with new pots maybe and broccoli?

Swifey Fri 22-Jan-16 19:13:25

Probably too late now, but mine love pasta pesto with chicken, and then lots of veg. Easy things like sweetcorn or peas from the freezer, or carrots or green beans, just put in with the boiling pasta. Delicious leftovers too.

Greensiren2014 Fri 22-Jan-16 19:29:23

Thanks for the suggestions - definitely not too late as I tend to make dinner late in the evening and then he can have it reheated whilst I'm working tomorrow so thank you!

4yoniD Fri 22-Jan-16 19:39:22

pulled chicken in bbq sauce (which I just had for dinner!)

MadeinBelfast Fri 22-Jan-16 19:40:46

This thread has some nice ideas:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/food_and_recipes/2473010-I-have-dinner-to-cook-I-have-chicken-fillets-I-dont-have-any-ideas

bchvrs Fri 22-Jan-16 19:44:46

Chicken cordon bleu! Assuming you have cheese + ham in your fridge of course. Also breadcrumbs but I think you could do without if you don't have any. James Martin does a lovely recipe!

Or soy sauce, garlic paste + sesame seeds make a lovely chicken marinade if you have those. Or BBQ sauce + cheese. Maybe I make chicken dinners too much.. grin

bchvrs Fri 22-Jan-16 19:46:18

Just re-read your message + saw it was dinner for a toddler. I'm sorry, not sure how appropriate my suggestions are now, think I got too excited at the thought of a nice dinner hahaha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now