Are soupmakers any good?

(14 Posts)
TheFairyCaravan Wed 13-Jan-16 15:54:02

I'm considering buying a soupmaker. I love the idea of shoving everything in and coming back 20 mins later to soup. I know I could use a pan, and I do, but I'm disabled and quite poorly so being in the kitchen for any length of time is becoming incredibly difficult.

If I buy a soupmaker will I use it or will it end up stuffed at the back of the cupboard covered in dust?

Frozentinkerbelle1 Fri 15-Jan-16 16:59:58

Hi

I have just seen your post. I have morphy Richards soup maker and have made loads of soup so can recommend them.

I read somewhere that they are on offer in dunelm mills

Vicky

snowgirl1 Fri 15-Jan-16 17:04:45

Out of my 5 work colleagues, 3 of them have a soup maker - they bring soup into work that they've made that morning and rave about their soupmakers. Personally, I can't see the advantage of the soup maker over a saucepan and stick blender.

Yddraigoldragon Fri 15-Jan-16 17:17:42

Snowgirl the advantage is that the soup maker does not burn. It can be ignored while it is doing its thing, and the blending cupboard splattering risk is removed because it is contained.

Best gadget ever! Apart from my new instant pot which is fab too. Same principle though, chuck food in, set timer, come back when it beeps.

fishfortea Fri 15-Jan-16 17:19:46

Love my soup maker, bought it over a year ago and use it loads.

PlumpFiction Fri 15-Jan-16 17:35:53

Soup makers are brilliant, and there is definitely a huge advantage over a pan and a stick blender...

You chuck in the chopped ingredients, give it a stir, then switch it on just like you would a kettle (selecting either puree or chunky soup button). You can then go off and bath the kids / have a shower / get dressed / whatever for 20 minutes, not having to return to stir it or adjust the heat, and when you hear it bleeping you lift the lid to beautiful soup. We have an inexpensive Giles & Posner one and it makes delicious smooth or chunky soup.

TheFairyCaravan Fri 15-Jan-16 17:39:20

Thank you everyone. I've ordered one unfortunately the Morphy Richards one is out of stock at our local Dunelm.

Yddraigoldragon Fri 15-Jan-16 18:44:17

Let us know what you think when you get it?

snowgirl1 Fri 15-Jan-16 19:39:55

Maybe I'm just jealous that I don't have space in my cupboard for any more gadgets!

PlumpFiction Fri 15-Jan-16 20:50:57

Ah snowgirl you would be a convert! And it's so small to store... smile

Ilovefluffysheep Sun 17-Jan-16 15:39:02

I bought one a week ago when it was special offer at costco. I love it! I'm not much of a cook (lazy if I'm totally honest), love that I can just chuck stuff in, then leave it to do its thing whilst I go off and do other stuff.

Yddraigoldragon Sun 17-Jan-16 18:31:58

The one thing to be careful about is not to leave them too close to the edge.... Imagine white cupboards splattered in orange (carrot) soup.

When whizzing up there is a small amount of movement.

Chottie Sun 17-Jan-16 18:35:47

I'm still not totally sold on soup makers......

I prepare soup in the saucepan, bring it to the boil and then turn down to simmer for about 20 minutes. I put the saucepan in the sink and use a stick blender to whizz it.

I've never, ever burnt soup or splattered my kitchen.

Shadow1986 Sun 17-Jan-16 18:39:45

I love my soup maker, it's the Morphy Richards one.

It's just so easy and comes out perfect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now