Talk

Advanced search

Slow cooker or multi cooker ?

(8 Posts)
lenamalk Tue 12-Jan-16 08:20:14

Hello!
I want to buy a slow cooker or a multi cooker but can't figure out what would be more useful and would appreciate some reccomendations for both and someone explaining the difference to me...

cdtaylornats Tue 12-Jan-16 09:16:16

multi-cooker

You can brown the meat first without having another pan to clean.

dreamingofsun Tue 12-Jan-16 11:32:15

what are you going to use it for? if its just slow cooking then i'd go for slow cooker as they are much cheaper. i never bother browning anything, except sausages anyway

dreamingofsun Tue 12-Jan-16 11:36:30

sorry ill at the mo, so missed your question. i've never used a multi-cooker, but when i googled they appear to do other things like make bread and cook rice. i wouldnt use it for any of this and it just makes the thing look way too complicated - one of the key things i like about slow cooking is chucking it all in a dish, switching machine on and then leaving - ie the simplicity.

have you used a slow cooker before? if not, I'd go for something really cheap. some people don't get on with the different way of cooking - if thats you then you've only wasted about £20

lenamalk Tue 12-Jan-16 11:51:20

Thanks!
I mainly want it to be able to make easy dinners with a full time work schedule but having an additional option of bread and other things looks good. As this one is going to be a present I don't mind getting a mid-range one. Any recommendations for a specific one ?

dreamingofsun Tue 12-Jan-16 11:53:30

sorry can't help there as i have a 25 year old slow cooker that they don't make any more.

ItsMyFuckingWedding Fri 22-Jan-16 16:53:50

I have the morphs Richards acti one and it's amazing. So much so that when I broke my old one I did next day delivery on my current one. Worth every penny

PurpleDaisies Fri 22-Jan-16 17:02:56

I've got a tefal 8 in 1 multi cooker. It's great as a slow cooker. It does really good rice and works as a steamer too. There are a variety of other programs too but I haven't tried them yet. Definitely worth buying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now