Talk

Advanced search

How do you make potato skins with bacon and cheese please?

(7 Posts)
Destinysdaughter Wed 06-Jan-16 19:05:27

Just that really, can only find American recipes online and wanted to know if anyone had successfully made them and what did you do? Also, if you scoop out the potato flesh, what do you then do with it...?
( confused) thanks all!

gamerchick Wed 06-Jan-16 19:08:26

Scoop it out, mash it all together and refill?

PurpleThermalsNowItsWinter Wed 06-Jan-16 19:09:12

I scoop it all out, mash with butter, mix with grated cheese and cooked bacon pieces, stir, spoon back in, cover with a sprinkle of grated cheese, pop on the oven and eat the surplus

LikeSilver Wed 06-Jan-16 19:10:09

We like this one: www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/nigella-lawson/fully-loaded-potato-skins-recipe.html

Destinysdaughter Wed 06-Jan-16 20:54:19

Thanks all! smile

dementedma Wed 06-Jan-16 20:57:07

My son loves these. I bake the pots until soft, and while this is happening I fry finely chopped onion and snipped bacon pieces which I put in a bowl with a tub of Philly. Half potatoes, scoop out flesh and add to Philly and bacon mix with bit of butter, herbs, salt and pepper. Pile back into skins and grate over some cheddar and pop back into oven for a few minutes until cheese melts. Serve with salad.

TyneTeas Wed 06-Jan-16 21:51:30

I do the bacon in a garlic and onion tomato sauce and top with potato wedges and cheese

tyne-teas.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/loaded-skins.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now