favourite risotto recipes

(27 Posts)
Donge13 Sun 03-Jan-16 22:05:57

Bit bored of my usual mushroom risotto. Was hoping for a bit of inspiration of you lovely lot for evening meal this week.
So what is your go to risotto ?

Wolfiefan Sun 03-Jan-16 22:08:44

I love spinach in a risotto.
Watching for better ideas!

SheDoneAlreadyDoneHadHerses Sun 03-Jan-16 22:10:21

Best one I ever made was with leftover slow-cooked shin of beef (and the stock that'd come out of the slowcooker)

Just made it like a normal risotto, onions, rice, adding the stock and then topping up with beef oxo, then shredded the beef and added it in for the last five mins to heat up.

Was insanely yum.

ThenLaterWhenItGotDark Sun 03-Jan-16 22:11:34

Roasted pumpkin and crispy pancetta.

Chewbecca Sun 03-Jan-16 22:11:54

this waitrose recipe for pea, pancetta and broad bean risotto.

MrsExcited Sun 03-Jan-16 22:13:10

I like this one, its easy too.

MrsExcited Sun 03-Jan-16 22:13:37

Forgot link

www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/italian/oven-baked-risotto-carbonara.html

JustABigBearAlan Sun 03-Jan-16 22:13:58

Mushroom here too! But roasted butternut squash risotto is also really nice:

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7767/butternut-squash-and-sage-risotto

Personally I don't bother with the sage, but I do like roasting the squash first, so much nicer than other recipes I've tried.

There's also a really nice green risotto recipe on the back of knorr stock pots packet. Still has mushrooms, but also spinach and peas I think.

blueistheonlycolourwefeel Sun 03-Jan-16 22:27:28

I roast red onions, peppers, sweet potato, asparagus, garlic and butternut squash and add that with bacon and Parmesan cheese.

lastqueenofscotland Mon 04-Jan-16 12:28:50

Sun dried tomato
Pea broad bean and asparagus

Thumbcat Mon 04-Jan-16 12:44:56

Chicken and pea - made with leftover roast chicken and lots of Parmesan.

Thumbcat Mon 04-Jan-16 12:46:09

I have a recipe for artichoke and lemon risotto somewhere that I'll get round to one day.

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 04-Jan-16 12:49:10

Beetroot and feta is gorgeous

GrouchyKiwi Mon 04-Jan-16 12:50:56

This is my go to risotto recipe for vegetarian friends coming to dinner. I'll also make it for us and have with roast chicken or bacon on top (or without meat). It's delicious and children like it too.

Notso Mon 04-Jan-16 13:02:26

My favourites are,
Leftover beef stew risotto. Made with red wine and leftover beef stew thinned down with some extra beef stock.
Ham and butter bean. I make this when I do a gammon joint using the stock from the gammon, onions, cubed cooked ham a can of butter beans and loads of Parmesan cheese. My DC love this one.
DH's favourite is chicken and asparagus.

whois Mon 04-Jan-16 15:53:28

Mushroom is an old fav for me!

Other include:
Pea (or broad bean) and mint - very refreshing
Beetroot with lemon and dill, topped with toasted walnuts (maybe with feta or goats cheese) - nice and earthy and autumnal
Butternut squash and sage ala BBC good food - strongly recommend topping with a drizzle of chill oil

TheoriginalLEM Mon 04-Jan-16 15:54:52

chicken and pea.

smoked sakmon and asparagus

lavendersun Mon 04-Jan-16 16:12:22

Mine are (all made up) - roasted squash with thyme and goats cheese, pea, mint and parmesan and for the carnivores chicken and dolcelatte - not made up is risotto milanese.

RM is so simple and delicious - imo risotto doesn't need anything more than that but everyone else loves something more in it so I compromise.

ABetaDad1 Mon 04-Jan-16 16:20:52

I love the River Café Cookbook Fennel and Vodka risotto.

Its great for a dinner party light main course meal or as a starter. The vodka adds a touch of the unusual and dead easy to make.

Pantah630 Mon 04-Jan-16 16:41:54

HFW Veg, carrot and broad bean risotto is lovely.

notmynameohno Mon 04-Jan-16 16:51:10

Delia's prawn risotto. Or when on the cheap use a tin of clam chowder and small prawns.

Homeriliad Mon 04-Jan-16 16:55:36

Best risotto I ever had was a butternut squash risotto (I didn't make it).

Donge13 Wed 06-Jan-16 21:15:00

Thanks for these. Going to do the butternut squash one first

nancy75 Wed 06-Jan-16 21:16:43

Chicken & chorizo with French beans is my favourite

megletthesecond Wed 06-Jan-16 21:18:38

Avocado and walnut with loads of parmesan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now