Ham Alert, Slow cooker

(9 Posts)
LondonEasy Fri 25-Dec-15 03:25:55

i have stuck huge ham in slow cooker and poured a 2 litre bottle in. It doesn't cover the ham. Have no idea what to do. Have stuck it on low for 8 hours, but I can't stay up basting it. Have to sleep. Any ideas? Its rewetting on an onion.

VimFuego101 Fri 25-Dec-15 03:27:52

I don't think it matters if it covers the whole ham, according to th slow cooked wonders fb page people cook ham/ pork with just a can of Coke.

RNBrie Fri 25-Dec-15 03:28:55

How high does it come on the ham? If it's more thank 2/3 up the side, I'd just go to bed. Flip it over in the morning.

LondonEasy Wed 30-Dec-15 00:22:10

Ham succeeded. I hated that Coca Cola thing. Yuck., felt sick after at the thought of it. Going to look for a sugar free recipe. Can't believe I fell for the Nigella hullabaloo. What a waste of a good ham.

dreamingofsun Wed 30-Dec-15 11:58:03

i just use water and an onion, some peppercorns, cloves if i have them. then finish off in oven coated in mustard and demorara sugar

OpiesOldLady Wed 30-Dec-15 12:00:35

I like ham cooked in either lemonade or a tin of pineapple. Or just water is fine.

kansasmum Wed 30-Dec-15 12:06:09

Ham cooked in black treacle - divine! Was a nigella recipe too and was fabulous! Doing another ham for NY eve!

Berks2Mum Mon 26-Dec-16 16:21:59

Looking at this thread and going for the water/onion one. Not sure about cooking in fizzy pop.

Toooldtobearsed Mon 26-Dec-16 16:24:53

Cooked mine in coke, in slow cooker, then pasted it with black treacle, orande juice and brown sugar and bunged it in oven, on very high temp for 30 minutes. Basted every 10 minutes and it is bloody gorgeous 😚

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now