Talk

Advanced search

Starters and canapés

(8 Posts)
CheshireChat Mon 21-Dec-15 13:46:38

I'd like to have a Christmas dinner made out of starters etc and would like to know your best recipes. No allergies or anything like that smile

bookbook Mon 21-Dec-15 23:14:23

my favourite starters
antipasti, with good buffalo mozzarella
prawns in garlic butter
mini quiches
smoked salmon and cream cheese
a good pate - either smoked mackerel or chicken liver

DragonsCanHop Tue 22-Dec-15 14:44:17

We always have smoked salmon and prawn cocktail. Very 70s but still my favourite smile

Chewbecca Tue 22-Dec-15 17:22:12

I love these twice baked cheddar soufflés. With a little leafy salad & balsamic pearls!

thelaundryfairy Tue 22-Dec-15 17:27:25

Smoked mackerel or smoked salmon as fillets or pâté, perhaps with some fresh avocado slices

Prawns in any form (also nice with avocado)

Bruschetta

Soup - carrot and parsnip with a hint of spice is quite Christmassy

Hummus

CheshireChat Tue 22-Dec-15 18:26:15

Some great ideas on here. Prawns in garlic butter sounds particularly nice. I haven't thought of avocado so I'll see about that. Are quiches easy to make?
I'm also going to make smoked salmon with cream cheese in crêpes with either chives or spring onions.

bookbook Tue 22-Dec-15 18:35:18

Quiches are incredibly easy to make .Especially if you buy the pastry ready made (or even pre-rolled !) There are loads of ideas for fillings - my favourites - bacon and onion/caramelised onion with goats cheese/ broccoli and tomato/mushroom and blue cheese

CheshireChat Tue 22-Dec-15 21:24:01

I might have a go at the quiches as well, strangely making the pastry is the fun bit for me, it's the filling that I wasn't sure of. I just need to get the tin as I expect using my silicon mould would be ill advised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now