Talk

Advanced search

Slow-cooker brisket recioes

(7 Posts)
Highlove Mon 21-Dec-15 07:26:14

I final got round to using my slow-cooker for the first time this weekend. I made a really simple beef brisket thing. It was nice enough but not amazing. What I really want is a pulled beef-type thing. Can I steal your best recipes please. Tia.

sj73 Mon 21-Dec-15 08:23:49

This is amazing:

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/pulled-firecracker-brisket

Bounced Mon 21-Dec-15 08:51:09

This is good, too:
1.8kg (works fine on much less) beef brisket
2 onions, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 carrots, cut into chunks
3 Tbsp. ketchup
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: N/A
Cooking Time: 8 hours
oven Temperature: Slow cooker on low

Directions:
Place onions in bottom of slow cooker, then place brisket, fat side up, on top of onions. Sprinkle garlic on top. Surround meat with carrots. Combine ketchup, vinegar, and brown sugar in small bowl and then rub into beef. Add enough water, about 1 cup, to coat the bottom of the cooker. Cover crockpot and cook on low 8-10 hours.

For gravy, remove brisket and carrots from the slow cooker, place on serving plate, and cover tightly with foil.

Turn crockpot temperature to High. Mix flour with 1/2 cup water, add to crockpot, and bring to a boil, stirring frequently with wire whisk. Boil until gravy is thickened; then add Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt as needed until the flavor comes to life.

Slice meat and serve with gravy and carrots.

PS Taken from US site and adapted ages ago, sorry about 'crockpot'

Higge Mon 21-Dec-15 08:55:30

I use this one

Wolfiefan Mon 21-Dec-15 08:58:53

I can't do the linky thing. I use one off allrecipes. Riko's recipe. Dead easy and yummy. I use leftovers to make pie.
Fry shallot or onion and add sliced chestnut mushroom. Add beef and saved cooking juices from the slow cooker. Put in pie. (Ready made pastry!!) yum!

Titsalinabumsquash Mon 21-Dec-15 09:04:33

I have finally mastered a brisket in mine after a few failed attempts.

First bit is optional but it does make it better and that's to leave your brisket soaking in butter milk for a few hours.

Then put 1 onions, 1 carrot, rosemary, in the slow cooker and out the brisket on top, you can rub it in mustard if you want.

Then cook for as long as you can. 16-24hrs on low is a good time, it really does need it.
Then remove the meat and shred, then blitz the juices using flour or gravy granules to ticket into a desired gravy consistency and then add the shredded meat back in. It's gorgeous with brioche buns and the trimmings or with roast dinner sides.

HeffalumpTrap Mon 21-Dec-15 09:06:53

I quite liked Jamie Oliver's Bloody Mary beef recipe, unusual and boozy fgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now