Talk

Advanced search

how do you make your instant hot chocolate??

(8 Posts)
Doublebubblebubble Thu 17-Dec-15 09:35:58

I'm being lazy today and I've just done the school run and i really fancy a hot chocolate.. We've just got normal powder but when I went to the fridge I didn't know we were out of milk (me and DD had brioche and bananas for breakfast so I didn't look) will it be "drinkable" with just hot water or should i get of my lazy butt and go to the shop to get some milk and squirty cream how do you make yours??

PurpleDaisies Thu 17-Dec-15 09:39:35

Is it instant hot choc powder or cocoa powder? Most instant hot chocs will be ok with water (not as nice but acceptable!). Cocoa powder is another matter-that needs milk and sugar.

PurpleDaisies Thu 17-Dec-15 09:40:19

I normally make my hot choc with water from the kettle and a big splash of milk because I'm lazy.

Doublebubblebubble Thu 17-Dec-15 09:43:26

Its hot choc powder x

BonesyBones Thu 17-Dec-15 09:43:28

When I make mine I add the powder to the cup, a tiny bit of boiling water and stir to dissolve it, then add hot milk and squirtle cream, marshmallows and a mini flake but if I make it quickly in the evening for DS I just make it half boiling water and half cold water (so it's drinkable), he prefers it without milk.

YeOldeTrout Thu 17-Dec-15 10:02:32

Some of them are meant to be added to only hot water, not milk. Maybe try a small amount & see how you like it?

Doublebubblebubble Thu 17-Dec-15 10:25:00

Wont it be sickly without milk though.. I'll give it a good go x

Doublebubblebubble Thu 17-Dec-15 10:26:05

Either way ^^ I'll try anything once x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now