Talk

Advanced search

HELP PLEASE Not enough Leg of lamb for 6

(12 Posts)
LondonEasy Sat 12-Dec-15 12:35:56

I have 2.10kg of lamb, just realised this may not be enough for 6 people. What can I add to the roast. Its meant to be a festive dinner. Is it ok to add sausages. i l know thats ok with turkey not so sure with lamb. Do hope someone has a quick reply off to shops now.

fusspot66 Sat 12-Dec-15 12:38:21

Have you roasted it yet?
Can you roast it on some Puy Lentils? Google recipes.
Or add some posh sausages.

LondonEasy Sat 12-Dec-15 12:42:18

Okay will look up now. I thought you could only do lentils if take it off the born and I wanted to present it as the leg. Thanks will look for posh sausages No haven't roasted yet. has to be ready by 5pm

LondonEasy Sat 12-Dec-15 12:46:06

Oh now, just seen should be 8 hours low cook. I was following www.thekitchn.com/how-to-roast-a-leg-of-lamb-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-202391

PatriciaHolm Sat 12-Dec-15 12:53:31

Should be plenty with lots of nice sides - roasts, veg etc. Yorkshires if you a heathen like me and don't subscribe to the " Yorkshires only with beef" mantra. That weight should roast in 1hr 30.

missmargot Sat 12-Dec-15 13:04:14

What sides were you planning on serving with it? Either lots of nice sides or puy lentils will pad it out nicely.

These baked onions are amazing, I often serve them with lamb and they have the benefit of being filling and taking up lots of room on the plate:
www.kayotic.nl/blog/mezgaldi

DPotter Sat 12-Dec-15 13:08:00

yorkshires, roast onions, mash as well as roast potatoes. I go by Delia's roasting times and she's never let me down yet

LondonEasy Sat 12-Dec-15 14:29:02

Thanks so much. Going by hour and half and sides and lentils with baked onions. Cheers all

missmargot Sat 12-Dec-15 14:32:01

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

inmyheadimthequeen Sat 12-Dec-15 14:34:09

Yep, mountain of roasties and yorkies and add extra veg - you don't need a load of meat so long as there is plenty of food overall. Don't forget the mint sauce smile

LondonEasy Sun 13-Dec-15 23:53:48

Well the update, Had it in the oven for three hours and served it. When I wen to carve it it was raw on one huge section. Ended up slicing it and frying it. Can't see how lamb is easy. Glad that's over.

Higge Mon 14-Dec-15 06:11:04

It's a shame you had to resort to double cooking - a thermometre takes the guess work out of cooking meat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now