Talk

Advanced search

If you're entertaining over the festive period please share your menu

(6 Posts)
MythologicalPersonage Sat 12-Dec-15 08:39:15

I'm looking for some inspiration.

DancingDuck Sat 12-Dec-15 13:57:51

Probably not what you are looking for but we are doing a retro high tea for all the family (about 16 people) on Boxing Day. Baked honey glazed spiced ham, side of smoked salmon, fresh breads, crispbreads and cheeses with home made pickles and chutneys. Warm new potato salad, leafy green salad. Massive home made trifle and a chocolate log.

PhoenixReisling Sat 12-Dec-15 20:20:41

I will be entertaining DH's family on Christmas Eve. So that's six adults and three children.

I like to change things up and make something different. This year I think I'll make some of rick steins recipes form his tour around India.

Two of these have caught my eye (can't link them unfortunately), a spiced leg of lamb (leg of lamb with red chilliest as cooked by hunters in Rajasthan) or roast Goan beef (bite assado).

I'll serve either with other veg/lentil curries, rota, Indian pickles etc.

ScienceRocks Sun 13-Dec-15 09:08:44

I have 12 adults and three children over just before Christmas so am doing ultimate Christmas burgers: pulled turkey, home cured pork (or vegan burgers for the vegans), stuffing, cranberry sauce, chilli jam. Sides are potato and sweet potato wedges. Starter is little cups of chestnut soup and spiced nuts to nibble on with poinsettia cocktails. Pudding is passion fruit and raspberry pavlova plus a winter pudding (think summer pudding, but with mulled wine spices).

msrisotto Sun 13-Dec-15 09:24:26

I'm just bringing desserts to lots of different family Christmases!

White Chocolate Berry Cheesecake
Nutella Cheesecake
Millionaire's chocolate tart
Stollen wreath
Oreo truffles

Some are tried and tested old favourites (chocolate tart & oreo truffles), the others i've never made before but are generally well reviewed.

MythologicalPersonage Mon 14-Dec-15 10:10:38

Wow, I love these. They all sound great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now