Talk

Advanced search

Recommend me a book for Xmas please

(5 Posts)
Lookslikerain Sat 12-Dec-15 05:09:31

Looking for a recommendation for my Xmas list please. I have thousands lots of recipe books already but there's always room for another. fgrin

I have a DH, DS (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and a baby DS (9 months). They all eat anything and everything apart from DD who would live on buttered pasta.

The books I cook from most are family meal type books. Favourites are My daddy cooks, Jamie's ministry book and Mary Berry's baking bible. I probably cook from them most. I would say I'm a good, confident cook just time poor and in need of inspiration. It doesn't need to be a celeb chef, just everyday type recipes that can be made while holding a chunky baby, with a 3 year old clinging onto my leg and and a 5 year old hassling me for an iPad/cartoon/chocolate...

Thank you!

DancingDuck Sat 12-Dec-15 16:09:20

Apples for Jam is good fun. Food for young families. Their pancake recipe is the best.

1frenchfoodie Sun 13-Dec-15 16:37:52

I love Diana Henry books. Her 'roast figs, sugar snow' and 'crazy water, pickled lemons' are among my faves in a collevtion of 100+ cookbooks but for quick more family friendly stuff 'a bird in the hand' seems good - only just bought it so not made very much from it so far but have bookmarked loads.

Toowittoowoo Sun 13-Dec-15 20:10:15

I cook loads from the Innocent cookbook (the people who make the juice). I was really sceptical but it was pretty and only £5 in The Works so I gave in. Now it is the most used cookbook I have. I still cook lots from the River Cottage Baby and Toddler cookbook as well.

I'm also enjoying the Thomasina Myers mexican recipes. Not for the kids though but very good for the nights that we don't eat with the kids.

Toowittoowoo Sun 13-Dec-15 20:11:35

Oh yeah, the Genarro family cookbook is great and anything by Claudia Roden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now