Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Heart cookbook

(5 Posts)
starsinyourpies Wed 09-Dec-15 12:01:48

Could anyone recommend a cook book for recipes designed for a healthy heart? DDad has just had a not very positive appointment with a cardiologist and although they eat a very healthy diet they are trying to tailor it more specifically to low cholesterol etc. They already have Sally Bee "The Secret Ingredient" which I heard about a while ago - would love to hear other people's recommendations.

Thanks!

Higge Wed 09-Dec-15 16:37:00

I thought cholesterol in food was no longer considered to cause cholesterol In blood. No special recipe book needed - eats lots of fresh veg, wild fish, grass fed meat - good fats - not low fat - limit sugar, sunflower oils and processed foods, move around as much as possible.

starsinyourpies Wed 09-Dec-15 19:35:56

Ok great, well they do that already so maybe I'll just get a healthy looking cook book!

sacbina Thu 10-Dec-15 13:15:40

My dh had a heart attack a few years ago, only 41.
Anyway post op advice was to limit dairy, ss milk ok but no cheese/butter etc. cut out red meat, eat lots of oily fish and veg, Porridge oats and chick peas are v good. And pomegranate juice. We buy POM in the funny bottle.

starsinyourpies Thu 10-Dec-15 21:01:48

Thank you Sacbina, great advice. Hope your DH is doing well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now