Talk

Advanced search

Ottelenghi - which cookbook?

(6 Posts)
bettybiggestballs Wed 09-Dec-15 10:22:07

Buying my bro an ottenghi cookbook for xmas, which is the best all rounder do you think? He loves his meat but want something with his amazing veg and salad dishes too. He's a good cook so happy to try recipes that are a bit more skilled, loves entertaining too so lots of recipes to feed a crowd if possible. TIA!

Tram10 Wed 09-Dec-15 11:26:45

I have the first book, Ottolenghi - The Cookbook, and I have to admit I didn't rate it, so I wouldn't recommend that one.

Although TBF, I have only made 1 dish from it and it was not a hit at all, maybe the flavours didn't work for us, or the flavours just didn't work at all !!

IAm interested to hear recommendations for his other cookbooks though.

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Wed 09-Dec-15 11:34:31

The two Plenty books are great but they're exclusively veggie - so it depends if that would work for your meat-loving brother. Personally I love Jerusalem which you can read as a book as well as a cook-book sort of thing, there's so much about the culture and lifestyle in it. And it's worth it for the lamb shwarma alone which I now make all the time.

Skippedthelightfandango Wed 09-Dec-15 11:55:00

I second Jerusalem, I love it, loads in there I do often

AxolotlRose Wed 09-Dec-15 11:56:51

Definitely Jerusalem. I have cooked a lot of the recipes and they have all been great. Plus it's an interesting read.

BlueMonday17 Thu 10-Dec-15 23:50:20

Another vote for Jerusalem. Great salads as well as warming risottos/stews.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now