Talk

Advanced search

Nutribullet and diarrhoea

(7 Posts)
krisskross Wed 09-Dec-15 09:56:30

I've had a nutribullet for nearly a year and used it intermittently.

In the last few weeks I've tried using it every day, generally using frozen raw spinach, carrot, banana, kiwi and summer fruits.

It's gradually dawned on me that I'm waking up every morning bursting for a poo, which is very loose, not quite diarrhoea but not far off.

I haven't previously connected the two things...I can't be certain the toilet stuff began as I upped the veggies (often I don't eat many so could be a shock to my system!).

Has anyone else experienced this? If so how did you make it stop? I Want to carry on as the spinach and carrot must be good for me!

I'm going to stop for a week which should help me see if it's the nutribullet.

Thanks all.

redpriestandmozart Wed 09-Dec-15 13:51:56

Could be connected. I eat a lot of fruit and veg, also have a smoothie every morning. I go at least twice a day and on the looser side too. I imagine it is linked to the amount of fibre you're not getting.

whois Wed 09-Dec-15 14:43:50

Maybe drop the banana out of that and see if that helps?

krisskross Wed 09-Dec-15 16:46:32

Thank you both. I'm dropping the whole thing for a week and hoping to see a change, then reintroduce slowly.

Red priest why do you think it's related to the amount of fibre I'm not getting.... I thought whole point of a nutribullet was that you got the fibre? I'd assumed the looseness (sorry, tmi) was due to excessive fibre.

whois Wed 09-Dec-15 17:45:54

I think she meant to say the amount of fiber you're now getting, not not getting.

redpriestandmozart Wed 09-Dec-15 20:27:01

Apologies that is a typo should be NOW getting.. I need to wear my glasses more sorry.

Good idea to give it up for a week too just so you can see if it is the bullet. Is it a problem for you? My whole system feels much better when I am on smoothies, and that is maybe because the waste doesn't lay around in my gut it exits very quickly smile

krisskross Wed 09-Dec-15 21:53:48

Ha ha thank you!

It doesn't bother me, I just want to know thats whats causing it.

Mentally it feels good to know I'm eating so many vegetables!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now