Talk

Advanced search

Best slow cooker?

(4 Posts)
blushingmare Mon 07-Dec-15 22:24:23

I don't know what to look for in a slow cooker and what are the good brands to go for. We want to buy one as a house warming for good friends of ours and would like to get them something good that will feed a hungry family of four. Any recommendations much appreciated - thanks!

fallenangel14 Mon 07-Dec-15 22:33:12

Saw Aldi had a split one this week - I've no idea how good it is. I have a large 'sear and ' something or other where you can brown the meat in it on the hob and then pop the pot into the slow cooker heat thing. My attempts always taste the same no matter what ingredients I use but I suspect that's just me and my cooking

dreamingofsun Tue 08-Dec-15 18:33:00

3.5 litre one with a slow/high/auto type settings and a removable pot. mine was increadibly cheap and has last 30 years.

ref cooking - you need to tweak what you would normally do - less liquid and different flavours. if its bland add chilli/mustard/herbs/garlic/onions/curry powder

TheLesserSpottedBee Tue 08-Dec-15 20:39:07

I have had 2 Morphy Richards ones, the smaller 3.5 ish one when the children were younger and now the larger 6ltr.

It has low, med, high settings, removable dish so you can take it to the table if you wish.

I use it at least once a week, just follow actual slow cooker recipes. I cook curry, jambalaya etc with pre-frozen chicken breasts, frozen veg (onions, peppers, green bean) tinned tomatoes and pasatta herbs and spices. Turns out amazing every time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now