Talk

Advanced search

Vegetarian Christmas main

(10 Posts)
magicstar1 Mon 07-Dec-15 15:55:29

My bil is coming for dinner on Stephen's Day. There will be 4 meat eaters and he's the only vegetarian. Would anyone have a recipe for a main? Preferably one which I can prepare early that morning. Thanks

whois Mon 07-Dec-15 18:48:49

For just one person, I would probbaly buy a ready made veggie thing like a butternut and goats cheese filo or aubvergene and feta bake

www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=426086

www.waitrose.com/shop/DisplayProductFlyout?productId=382222

Last year I made a puffp astry roll with lentils, chestnuts , grated apple and struff in it. Loosely based on this:
www.veggienumnum.com/2011/05/not-sausage-rolls/

Was nice but I don't have an exact recipe, sorry!

magicstar1 Mon 07-Dec-15 20:17:07

Thanks...that recipe looks like a good start 😊

flightywoman Mon 07-Dec-15 20:39:06

I am thinking about making this for himself and our niece - I have done a nut roast in the past but think they would perhaps like a change, and this is utterly delicious, I have made it before. You could cut the quantity and make a couple of individual ones...

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1016636/festive-squash-jalousie

CultureSucksDownWords Mon 07-Dec-15 20:48:02

What are you doing for the meat eaters, and so what will the side dishes etc be? Whatever you choose, I would make sure it goes with the sides/sauces. The Jalouise looks really nice.

hooliodancer Fri 11-Dec-15 15:14:50

Delia parsnip roulade is gorgeous! Everyone always goes mad for it.
Her vegetarian sausage rolls are addictive. Not a main, but needed to recommend them as they are so good!

Allalonenow Fri 11-Dec-15 15:23:40

Aubergine parmigiana is always a winner here, or how about a bean/lentil/mushroom casserole with some chestnuts in it?

PhoenixReisling Fri 11-Dec-15 20:39:20

An individual mushroom Wellington?

Like this perhaps? www.nigella.com/recipes/view/Mushrooms-Wellington-5224

PhoenixReisling Fri 11-Dec-15 20:49:01

This is better I think as you could serve it with the Xmas veg that you will serve the carnivores 😊

www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/mushroom-and-squash-vegetarian-wellington/#LBdf3P31uJFGVbr9.97

LordEmsworth Fri 11-Dec-15 20:55:44

Similar thread on the Christmas board

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now