Talk

Advanced search

Christmas Eve?

(12 Posts)
DeliveredByKiki Sat 05-Dec-15 03:26:51

What's cooking? We have my godbrother and his GF staying so he and DH are doing Christmas Day, I'm doing eve. I was going to go vegan but Godbro has turned up his nose but also is doing a marathon on the 26th so probably is mainly panicking about carb loading or whatever

Suppose I could do fish or individual stuff but would love something easy! 4 adults, 2 children so hardly a huge feat

Cookingongas Sat 05-Dec-15 07:41:56

Fish pie? A posh one with eggs and prawns.

There's a great Christmas Eve dinner thread in the Christmas section which has left me wanting to make about 6 different Christmas Eve meals- might be worth checking it out

guineapig1 Sat 05-Dec-15 08:36:12

This year we have ordered a m&s seafood platter to go with the fizz
However in the past we have had:
Fish pie with sweet potato mash
Thai prawn curry
Chilli con carne

Thinking about it we often either go for fish/seafood or something quite spicy.
or just forget to have dinner in the midst of the craziness and end up scoff sausage rolls and Pringles at 11.00pm

gingercat02 Sat 05-Dec-15 08:46:25

We usually have a Chinese takeaway fgrin

eternalopt Sat 05-Dec-15 09:28:18

Tangent, but what's a godbrother??!

Higge Sat 05-Dec-15 19:26:33

A boiled ham with freshly baked bread and good quality butter - nothing better! Or are you pescatarian? In that case I'd go curry - South Indian or make a chilli with loads of bits on the side.

Higge Sat 05-Dec-15 19:26:56

Als want to know what a god brother is!

ExitStageLeft Sat 05-Dec-15 19:29:37

What the biggins is a godbrother?!!

guineapig1 Sat 05-Dec-15 19:38:14

Presumably its either a godparent's son or someone who shares a godparent with op?

DeliveredByKiki Sun 06-Dec-15 07:04:50

Yup godmother's son, family shorthand because they're not as close as my brother but closer than my cousin albeit all a bit weird considering but just our generation but our mums are all atheists (mums are born again atheists I suppose)

You may all take it and use it. A gift.

I'm taking "what the biggins"

Scarydinosaurs Sun 06-Dec-15 07:15:00

I think we might have friends over and do mezze- houmous, crudités, flat bread, tomato, cucumber and coriander, yoghurt and aubergine dip...falafel and lamb koftas. Grated carrot with loads of garlic cooked in olive oil. Keep it salad-y to enjoy the next day.

lastqueenofscotland Sun 06-Dec-15 13:14:09

Ditto a mezze, falafel, hummous, pittas, Greek salad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now