Talk

Advanced search

Stuffing recipes

(6 Posts)
BarbaraManatee Fri 27-Nov-15 01:31:32

I've been tasked with doing the stuffing for Christmas this year. I'd like to do something with chestnuts, cranberries & maybe cornbread but lots of the recipes I'm finding online have cubes of bread & look more like croutons stirred together with other dry bits, not the satisfying stodge that I associate with stuffing! grin Does anyone have a good recipe? It'll be baked separately, not used inside a turkey.

AcrossthePond55 Fri 27-Nov-15 03:33:45

Just use half and half cubes and crumbs, that's what I do, but I do a cornbread/sausage stuffing cooked in bird. You get the 'stooge' and some nice cube-y texture.

PS if it's not cooked in the bird it's 'dressing', not stuffing. <pendantic (American) emoji> because today is Thanksgiving & we just had an energetic discussion about this at dinner. grin

AGnu Fri 27-Nov-15 14:55:05

Thanks Across. I must, respectfully, disagree with you though... <Thinks very hard how to explain it in American-lingo>.... Pumpkin pie filling is still "pumpkin pie filling" even when it's not used in a pie. Therefore, stuffing is still "stuffing" even when it's not used to stuff. wink

<Goes to google "dressing" recipes>

AcrossthePond55 Fri 27-Nov-15 15:23:08

But, but, but if it's not in a pie, what do you fill with the filling?

AGnu Fri 27-Nov-15 19:53:57

Pie mix not used in a pie! wink

AcrossthePond55 Fri 27-Nov-15 20:38:37

I love pumpkin butter. I'll have to try that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now