Talk

Advanced search

Turkey breast vs crown, and how big for ten?

(3 Posts)
Sweetpotatocurry Fri 20-Nov-15 14:04:29

My local butcher only does turkeys whole or breast. I dont want a whole one, but I had planned to get a crown...is breast ok? Also how big for ten people? I am a novice! I also wondered about ham. Smoked or unsmoked? I am planning to do either nigella's in coke or glazed in the oven.

Thank you!

dreamingofsun Sat 21-Nov-15 12:10:06

i'd ask the butcher, if they are any good they should be able to tell you. will depend on the size - you might need several? after years of having a whole turkey we had a crown last year as the main oven had broken - of what a joy....so much easier. can't you go somewhere else for your crown?

dreamingofsun Sat 21-Nov-15 12:11:50

sorry pressed button too quick. i'd be worried cooking breast off the bone might go dry. ref ham question - depends on your preference. we don't like smoked....it reminds me of eating somthing thats been too near the bonfire - but i'm sure some people must or they wouldn't sell it. i boil, or put ham in slow cooker and then finish with a glaze in oven - really easy and good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now