Talk

Advanced search

Turkey breast vs crown, and how big for ten?

(3 Posts)
Sweetpotatocurry Fri 20-Nov-15 14:04:29

My local butcher only does turkeys whole or breast. I dont want a whole one, but I had planned to get a crown...is breast ok? Also how big for ten people? I am a novice! I also wondered about ham. Smoked or unsmoked? I am planning to do either nigella's in coke or glazed in the oven.

Thank you!

dreamingofsun Sat 21-Nov-15 12:10:06

i'd ask the butcher, if they are any good they should be able to tell you. will depend on the size - you might need several? after years of having a whole turkey we had a crown last year as the main oven had broken - of what a joy....so much easier. can't you go somewhere else for your crown?

dreamingofsun Sat 21-Nov-15 12:11:50

sorry pressed button too quick. i'd be worried cooking breast off the bone might go dry. ref ham question - depends on your preference. we don't like smoked....it reminds me of eating somthing thats been too near the bonfire - but i'm sure some people must or they wouldn't sell it. i boil, or put ham in slow cooker and then finish with a glaze in oven - really easy and good

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: