Talk

Advanced search

Chicken breasts - inspire me. My brain isn't working

(3 Posts)
LittleBearPad Thu 19-Nov-15 16:53:35

I have relatives coming for lunch on Saturday. I'm planning to cook chicken breasts in some kind of sauce as I can get halal chicken easily from Ocado. I usually do lamb but think the kids would prefer chicken.

Can someone suggest a piss easy recipe that will suit adults and young children. The children will include two babies under one so no honey, DH loathes mushrooms and no wine/alcohol either.

I was assuming I'd either do new pots or rice and green veg on the side but can obviously tweak to suit the chicken dish.

Help. I have a teething baby and the effort of thinking for myself is too much wink

thenumberseven Thu 19-Nov-15 17:42:00

Cut into slices, season with salt and pepper. Dust lightly with flour, dip in beaten egg and bread crumbs to coat.
Make a tomato sauce by sauteeing finely chopped onion and garlic in a little oil, add tinned tomatoes, salt, pepper, sugar and oregano. Lower heat and cook until done.
Fry crumbed chicken cutlets in a little oil or oil with butter until golden but not dry. Don't overcook as chicken will finish cooking in oven.
Place cooked chicken in single layer on oven try. Put some of the tomato sauce on each cutlet, sprinkle with grated cheese and into oven for a few minutes until cheese melts and colours. Garnish with chopped basil or parsley.
Goes well with fried rice or pasta and vegetables or salad
Children really like it

thenumberseven Thu 19-Nov-15 17:58:39

Cut chicken into cubes and season with salt and pepper. Cook in batches in a little oil or oil and butter until it changes colour. Don't overcook as will finish cooking in sauce.Drain and reserve.

Add chopped onion and garlic to the oil where you cooked the chicken adding a bit more if needed, lower heat and cook until onion is done. Sprinkle in a little flour and cook stirring, add a little bit of mild curry powder, turmeric, cumin(if liked) salt and pepper.
Add chicken broth (or water and stock cube) bring to the boil and add the cubed cooked chicken. Lower heat and cook until sauce thickens and coats chicken.( If when it comes to serving sauce is too thin disolve a teaspoon of corn flour in a little bit of water and add boiling for a few minutes.)
Add a dash of cream or milk and sprinkle in finely chopped parsley or chives.
Serve with rice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now