Talk

Advanced search

Your favorite frozen fish recipes?

(5 Posts)
CharleyFarleyy Wed 18-Nov-15 08:31:40

For one reason or another we have ended up with an abundance of frozen fish in the freezer, we have smoked haddock, salmon steaks and tuna steaks.

So far we have had haddock chowder and tandoori salmon.

We still have a couple of bags of each fish left so I'd love some ideas please smile

BeaBoo Wed 18-Nov-15 08:39:18

We use frozen fish to make fish tacos. Even just the cooked marinated fish is really good with rice etc.

This is the recipe I use ink{http://www.thelondoner.me/2011/11/epic-fish-tacos.html]\www.thelondoner.me/2011/11/epic-fish-tacos.htm]]l]}

80sWaistcoat Wed 18-Nov-15 10:43:45

I really like smoked haddock poached in milk on grainy mustard mash with greenery of some kind, usually spinach but anything really. With a poached egg on top if you like.

Fish cakes.

Do a ratatouille or tomato bean stew and put the fish on top to cook through for a few minutes at the end. Lovely with a bit of chorizo in it.

Salmon parcels in the oven with coriander, chilli and lemon.

thenumberseven Wed 18-Nov-15 18:49:55

Tuna (or salmon) with onions, soy sauce, mustard and honey glaze.
For four tuna steaks: 1 large onion, 2 or 3 garlic cloves, a small piece of ginger (optional) soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon grainy mustard, Maldon salt or regular cooking salt. Slice onions thinly in plumes and slice garlic. Cook in a little oil over medium heat stirring. When they start to go limp lower heat, add a little salt and cover pan. Cook stirring occassionally for about 15 minutes, add grated ginger if using, soy sauce, honey and mustard. Bring up heat, stir for a couple of minutes and set aside. Grill or fry tuna to your liking, sprinkle with maldon salt and serve with the onion glaze over the tuna.

thenumberseven Wed 18-Nov-15 19:11:43

Onioned tuna. Carefully cut tuna steaks into cubes and season with salt and pepper. Put a small amount of olive oil in a pan and cook tuna cubes in batches, only long enough to change colour, don't overcook. Set aside, add more oil to the pan and add 2 onions sliced into plumes (julienne) and 2 cloves of garlic sliced. When onions start to go limp add a bay leaf, lower heat and cover pan. Cook onions with a little salt for 15-20 minutes stirring occassionally.
Off the heat add oregano and Spanish paprika. Put back on heat and stir in a dash of wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper and about half a cup of water. Bring to the boil and after a few minutes add the cubed tuna steaks.
Cook only long enough for the water to evaporate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now