Talk

Advanced search

Roast chicken- inspire me!

(3 Posts)
Sylviecat Thu 05-Nov-15 14:12:30

I've got a chicken which I was just going to roast tonight for dinner, but wondering if anyone has any exciting additions or tips to make a roast chicken a bit more yummy?
Happy to consider other ways of cooking too rather than just shove in the oven..

sergeantmajor Thu 05-Nov-15 15:20:47

Soak it in cold brine for an hour or so first, then drain off before roasting. Stops it drying it out. I don't eat meat myself but carnivore dh tells me that this is 'game changing'!

JamNan Thu 05-Nov-15 15:23:17

Ottolenghi's Roast chicken with sumac, za’atar and lemon is yummy and easy. link here

For a Spanish inspiration rub the skin with paprika and garlic. Add slivers of garlic under the skin and then roast whole with lemon peel, chorizo and garlic cloves and halved onions.

A side dish of Spanish peppers, toms and onions is easy and you can do it all in the oven at once.

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion
1 clove garlic
1 large red pepper
1 large yellow pepper
400g canned chopped tomatoes
150ml dry white wine
1 tablespoon paprika
25g pitted black olives
black pepper
Bunch of parsley

METHOD
Peel and thinly slice the onion and peel and crush the garlic. Rinse and slice the peppers and add them too. Fry until they are lightly browned and slightly softened. Stir in the tomatoes, wine (if using) and paprika and bring to the boil. Pit the olives, add them to the casserole, then season to taste.
Add chopped parsley and

Serve with some crusty bread or rice
(serves 4)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now