Talk

Advanced search

Inspire me with things to do with red peppers!

(11 Posts)
Sadik Thu 05-Nov-15 13:21:19

I've got two large crates full after clearing off plants. Have had in the last few weeks squash & red pepper soup, various roasted pepper pasta sauces, roast peppers & squash, made chilli + red pepper jam, having risotto inc red pepper tonight. No space in the freezer . . .

Any other fabulous suggestions?

Mrscog Thu 05-Nov-15 13:26:06

They freeze well if you chop them up, ready to just throw a handful in when you're doing a curry/pasta/whatever.

Boredofthinkingofnewnames Thu 05-Nov-15 13:26:15

Stuffed peppers?
Chargrill and store in oil?

Allalonenow Thu 05-Nov-15 13:32:28

Red pepper and rabbit or chicken casserole.
Red pepper and tomato salad.
Frittata

Sadik Thu 05-Nov-15 13:51:35

Ooh, Frittata's a good one, might do that instead of risotto tonight.

Sadly I've fitted one bagful in the freezer and that's it Mrscog - that time of year! Taking another big bagful round to mum & dad tonight

Quichey Thu 05-Nov-15 13:55:23

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/apr/16/yotam-ottolenghi-shakshuka-recipe
This is nice and uses lots of peppers (good with either eggs in or feta cheese as suggested, and some crusty bread)

Allalonenow Thu 05-Nov-15 14:03:21

Peppers and eggs are a great combination, so as well as frittata you could try Piperade?

Also ratatouille, or stirred into cous-cous, or a Moroccan style lamb (or beef) stew, or chutney with onions etc.

sergeantmajor Thu 05-Nov-15 15:21:53

Give some to a food bank?

misscupcakes Thu 05-Nov-15 15:30:19

I love this gnocchi dish with tomato and red pepper: www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7192/gnocchi-and-tomato-bake

lastqueenofscotland Thu 05-Nov-15 15:39:35

Red pepper hummous is loooovely

Sadik Thu 05-Nov-15 15:43:11

Sadly our local donated food Cafe isn't open again this week, tbh I think they prefer less extremely perishable things! Have given lots away to friends though, in fact can take some more to the fireworks, so that'll be the end of whatever I can't use.

Just thought of patatas pobres (peppers & potato cooked together) so I think I might do that and then frittata tomorrow.

I've got another crateful in good condition ripening up, so I can use some of the other suggestions next week smile

BTW if anyone else has a surplus of peppers I have a nice recipe for pickled peppers that are very good on pizza & in pasta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now