Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Jus rol pastry squares

(13 Posts)
umiaisha Tue 03-Nov-15 21:04:39

Bought some of these for lazy weekday dinners.

Would love some inspiration for interesting toppings that ideally don't require any cooking beforehand.

Thanks.

InMySpareTime Tue 03-Nov-15 21:13:25

Feta and spinach
Mushroom, garlic and cherry tomato
Mozzarella
Smoked salmon and dill
Egg (quiche)
Shallots
Caramelised onion
Tomato purée and cheddar
Aubergine and olive oil
Sardines
Chicken and soft cheese
Sliced sausage/pepperoni
Peppers
Sweet potato

TessDurbeyfield Tue 03-Nov-15 21:16:19

This one does need some pre-cooking but is nice squash if you roast the squash the night before then it is very quick.

whois Tue 03-Nov-15 23:15:40

Dice sweet potato in 1cm cubes, microwave for 4 mins while you get out pastry, heat up oven etc. Add the sweet potato to the top of the pastry and dot around soft goats cheese and top with pine nuts.

Mozzarella, tomato and pesto.

Black olive tapanade and tomato.

Courgette and peppers diced 1cm and red onion thinly sliced - toss with balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and oregano before putting on the pastry.

Jarred roasted red peppers and canned artichokes hearts with capers

This red onion marmalade one looks lush - would be worth buying a jar of red onion marmalade to use in quick dinners like this
www.jusrol.co.uk/pastry-recipes/red-onion-walnut-blue-cheese-tart/

Asparagus and parmesan with a squeeze of lemon.

Asparagus pesto and pinenuts.

Diced tomato, diced chorizo, butterbeans.

Discopanda Wed 04-Nov-15 01:21:07

Following- I've got guests over Friday and half a block of homemade rough puff in the freezer.

TinklyLittleLaugh Wed 04-Nov-15 17:40:39

Our fave is a smear of red pesto, red onion, (no need to precook), beetroot and goats cheese. Very rich and lush.

Destinysdaughter Wed 04-Nov-15 17:47:39

Cooked chicken, chopped mushrooms and condensed mushroom soup. Mix together. I usually cook for 5 mins to soften the mushrooms. Is yummy! ( also good as a coveted pie)

Gasp0deTheW0nderD0g Wed 04-Nov-15 17:51:49

I'm sure it is coveted, Destinys, but did you mean covered? grin

(I used to do something like that to fill ready made vol au vent cases. Lovely.)

Nonnainglese Wed 04-Nov-15 17:56:59

If you score the pastry a centimetre in from the edge all round and brush with beaten egg you'll get a lovely golden edge to your flans.
My favourite is a layer of pesto, sliced tomatoes topped with mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil and bake.

Sallyhasleftthebuilding Wed 04-Nov-15 18:05:47

We make pizza, so ham cheese etc, or roll out on icing sugar and make egg custard ... yum... dinner and pudding!

Piratespoo Wed 04-Nov-15 18:13:32

But do you put the toppings on top of raw dough? I have done that and it is always raw in the middle but starting to burn in the edges....

Destinysdaughter Wed 04-Nov-15 18:43:27

Oops yes I did mean covered!

TinklyLittleLaugh Wed 04-Nov-15 18:48:02

I don't score the edges any more precisely because they have more of a tendency to burn then. Toppings right to the edge, turn the oven down a bit if it burns before it cooks through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now