Talk

Advanced search

probably silly question about leftover cottage pie

(5 Posts)
unicorn501 Tue 03-Nov-15 17:26:47

I'm a veggie with two meat eating DC and I just made them a meat cottage pie for the first time! They seem to like it but there's rather a lot left... Can I keep it in the fridge and reheat it tomorrow? Freeze portions? I never cook meat apart from the occasional sausages or fish fingers so I am clueless blush

dementedpixie Tue 03-Nov-15 17:29:05

Yes you can either put it in the fridge for a couple of days or put portions of it into the freezer

unicorn501 Tue 03-Nov-15 17:33:42

Thanks!

AnyoneButAndre Tue 03-Nov-15 17:35:19

Yes fridge it and reheat in the microwave tomorrow or the next day or freeze it now. The rules on freezing meat are (roughly) that you can freeze once while raw and then once again when cooked.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Tue 03-Nov-15 17:38:38

Ooh I really fancy cottage pie now smile

Food should only be reheated once generally. So if you make cottage pie cook it and eat straight away then leftovers should be fine reheated. If you make it, stick it in the fridge and then cook it later then reheating leftovers would be a bit dodgy. (I do know lots of people who would do this but strictly speaking it's not a great idea)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now