Talk

Advanced search

Bedtime snack ideas for small children

(9 Posts)
Newtothis2015 Wed 28-Oct-15 19:59:30

My children and five and under and war dinner early as they get tired, but at bedtime they are hungry. What are some good bedtimes snacks that are not hard on the digestion?

trilbydoll Wed 28-Oct-15 20:02:42

DD still has milk but she's still in a nappy at night so it doesn't matter.

Banana and yoghurt are popular here, probably why she messes around so much, she's on a sugar high!

Newtothis2015 Wed 28-Oct-15 20:19:33

Is milk easy to digest at bedtime? My youngest gets acid reflux so it can't be anything to heavy or she is in pain when she goes to bed. If milk is easy to digest I think they would go for that if I mixed a bit of nesquick powder with it

Blondie1984 Thu 29-Oct-15 00:09:53

A small bowl of cereal
A slice of toast with low fat cream cheese or peanut butter

DeliveredByKiki Thu 29-Oct-15 06:13:17

no idea what's supposed to be good but my two have a banana and an apple

redcaryellowcar Thu 29-Oct-15 06:19:13

Mine with either an oatcake with a slice of two of cheese of a weetabix band if they want a banana? They only have something if they eat supper earlier

Haahooooo Thu 29-Oct-15 06:21:40

Mine like cheese, or rice pudding

Reiltin Thu 29-Oct-15 06:30:27

Mine loves nuts

Mummyoftwo91 Tue 03-Nov-15 15:08:32

I only let my son eat things such as fruit, yogurt, cheese ect if he had his way he would be having cookies, my rule is he can have anything from the fridge before bed and nothing from his snack drawer which contains buscuits, crisps ect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now