Good sausage casserole recipes?

(6 Posts)
Highlove Mon 26-Oct-15 07:47:20

Haven't made a sausage casserole in years. Any good recipes please?

Quichey Mon 26-Oct-15 10:54:13

www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/oct/16/nigel-slater-warming-autumn-suppers
This one is lovely

PolterGoose Mon 26-Oct-15 20:07:13

Mines more a store cupboard standby than anything fancy. I do it in a cast iron casserole thing.

Lightly oil casserole and brown a dozen decent chipolatas, sometimes I do them from frozen, they'll cook later, it's just to get some colour on them. Take out and put aside.

Add a couple of sliced onions and a couple of sliced peppers, frozen is fine, over highish heat until just starting to colour.

Add herbs and spices, I usually add mild chili powder, smoked paprika and Italian seasoning, plus salt and pepper.

Give it a mix and add back the sausages.

Add a tin each of chopped tomatoes and baked beans, cheapest is fine. Add a good splash of Worcester sauce.

Bring to simmer and put in low oven to slow cook for at least 2 hours, ideally 4. Might need some water adding depending on how well your casserole dish lid fits.

Coletterbox Tue 27-Oct-15 17:47:28

This one comes from my mother-in-law and is an absolute fave! www.eatdrinkcook.co.uk/world-hunger-day-recipe-sausage-tomato-pie/

KP86 Tue 27-Oct-15 17:50:50

Best curried sausages ever!

4-8 sausages
Couple of spoons of curry powder
Small tin tomato paste
Tsp garlic
3 tsp beef stock powder
750ml water
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
200g mushrooms, cut into chunks
1 cup peas
1 small green apple, diced (optional)
Any other vegies you'd like, eg. Broccoli, cauli, celery
Cooked rice or short pasta, to serve

Par-cook sausages and slice thinly. Fry off garlic and curry powder, add everything else to pot and cook until vegies are tender. Serve with rice/pasta.

babyconverse Wed 28-Oct-15 17:15:57

The Hairy Bikers one on the bbc food website is the best one I've found - made it loads of times and dh loves it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now